Saturday, November 26, 2016

How Ellen Foster Was Forced to Grow Up



 
Image result for Alcohol Posters
            We all mature in different ways and at different times. Most people mature naturally and are not forced into adult duties prematurely. However, that is not the case with Ellen Foster. First of all, her mother was in and out of the hospital, which means Ellen had nobody to take care of her during her mother’s absence. Her alcoholic father made it even harder for her to be without her mother, considering that he did was sit around and drink all day, instead of taking care of his every day responsibilities. Not only was her mother in and out of the hospital, but she unfortunately passed away. This means that Ellen had nobody left to take care of her besides herself. In addition, she also was exposed to an overwhelmingly traumatic event. Ellen not only has nobody left, but now she views the world in a darker, sadder state because she was exposed to death. This event will also force her to be worried about adult responsibilities, such as bills and feeding herself, which no eleven year old should be worried about. I am fifteen and I don’t even know how to pay bills, so it is unimaginable to me that an eleven year old did it. Basically, Ellen is the coolest kid ever because she can take care of herself and gets stuff done. However, this could also mean she is the saddest and the loneliest.
Image result for stressed child

2 comments:

  1. I like how you focused on Ellen's maturity. I agree with you on everything you said. I can't imagine living like that as a 10 year old girl and having to grow up that fast! This post made me respect and admire her a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this was a very well written blog post and I completely agree with you. I think that she might be even more mature than I am sometimes! Has there ever been a situation where you felt you had to act more mature, similar to how Ellen did?

    ReplyDelete